I decided it was time to update my Crockpot white chicken chili recipe and take some new pictures. This white chicken chili recipe is delicious, and even my pickiest of eaters gave it a try! I do use tomatoes in my white chicken chili, but you can leave them out if you want.
This recipe uses easy ingredients and everything is just dumped into your Crockpot or slow cooker. You really can’t mess it up!
1) About 2 lbs. of chicken breasts
2) 2 Cans of light or dark kidney beans
3) 2 Cans of white beans (great northern beans)
4) 1 12 oz. can green chilies
5) 2 cans Rotel or tomatoes with green chilies
6) McCormick white chili seasoning mix-you can always use regular chili seasoning if you can’t find this one.
7) 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
8) Optional: sour cream, shredded cheese, avocado and Fritos for toppings!
*Place your uncooked chicken breasts straight into your Crockpot or slow cooker.
*Next, add all of your canned goods on top of the chicken.
*Chop your onion into small pieces and add to the mix.
*Sprinkle the seasoning on top.
*Mix everything together except the chicken. Once it’s cooked you can incorporate it with everything else.
*Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. Since cooking times can vary, I like to cook mine until the chicken is tender enough to just fork apart.
Crockpot White Chicken Chili
- Crockpot or Slow Cooker
- 2 lb. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts More or less is fine.
- 1 packet McCormick white chili seasoning Regular chili seasoning will work, too.
- 2 cans Kidney beans Light or Dark
- 2 cans White Beans
- 1/2 cup Yellow Onion
- 2 cans Rotel or tomatoes with green chilies
- 12 oz. can Green Chilies
- Place the uncooked chicken breasts in your Crockpot or Slow Cooker.
- Pour all of the canned goods on top of the chicken.
- Chop the onion into small pieces and add to the mix.
- Sprinkle the seasoning on top.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. Cook until chicken is tender and able to be forked apart.
That’s it! It’s just that simple. This no fuss recipe is perfect for game nights or when you just want dinner to cook itself. Add a few toppings and you’re ready to indulge in this delicious Crockpot white chicken chili!
*I usually store my leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for no more than 2-3 days.
**Check out the first Crockpot White Chicken Chili Recipe I ever made!