This spinach dip bread bowl recipe makes the perfect appetizer. Even if you’re not the biggest fan of spinach, you’ll surely be a fan of this dip!
Look at all the creamy goodness! Who can resist? Not only does it taste good, but the bread bowl presentation makes it look like you went all out!
For this spinach dip bread bowl I used the round King’s Hawaiian bread. I cut out the bread to make the bowl, and then we used the rest of the bread for the dip. I like to sometimes toast the leftover bread to make it easier to hold the spinach dip. Ritz crackers are also great with this dip.
What actually makes this dip so good? I think it has to be the Knorr vegetable mix packet. I think you’d be good to use any type of dry vegetable mix, but if you can find the Knorr mix definitely grab it.
Spinach Dip Bread Bowl Ingredients:
- Round bread (King’s Hawaiian)
- 9-10oz. frozen spinach – I used Green Giant steamable in a box
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 16 oz. Sour cream
- 1 Vegetable mix packet (Knorr)
- 1 Cup diced artichoke hearts
- 8 oz. Diced water chestnuts
All of these ingredients together may sound a little crazy, but I promise it comes together to create something super delicious. You simply mix everything together and refrigerate it! It is just that simple, but I’ll still share my step-by-step directions.
- Cook the spinach. I easily cooked mine in the microwave by following the directions on the box. Easy peasy.
- Chop up the artichoke hearts and water chestnuts into small pieces. My hubby grabbed these ingredients for me, and he actually found water chestnuts that came diced. Win!
- Add the artichoke hearts, water chestnuts, spinach, mayo and sour cream to a large mixing bowl and combine.
- Refrigerate the mixture for at least 2 hours. This dip is meant to be served cold.
- When you’re ready to serve the dip, take your round bread and cut out a hole to make it a bowl.
- Put the dip in the bread bowl when you’re ready to serve it so the bread doesn’t get soggy.
- Serve with leftover bread and crackers. Yum!
Here’s the printable version of this Recipe:
Spinach Dip Bread Bowl
- Mixing Bowl
- 1 Round Bread
- 9-10 Ounces Frozen Spinach
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 16 Ounces Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Artichoke Hearts
- 8 Ounces Water Chestnuts
- 1 Packet Vegetable Mix
- Cook the spinach. It's easy if you can find the frozen kind you cook in the package.
- Dice the artichoke hearts and water chestnuts into small pieces.
- Combine the spinach, artichoke hearts, water chestnuts, mayonnaise and sour cream in a large mixing bowl.
- Refrigerate the mixture for at least 2 hours.
- When you're ready to serve the dip, take your round bread and cut it into a bowl shape.
- Serve with leftover bread and crackers.
Check out more of my appetizer recipes here! Hope you enjoy!