This simple squash casserole recipe is so easy to throw together. Who doesn’t love a good casserole? Even the pickiest of eaters will love to give this recipe a try. Not only is it a quick side, dish, but it’s also delicious. I guess it’s all of that cheesy goodness, along with a few pats of butter. YUM!
Prep time is minimal and cook time is only 30 minutes. You really can’t beat that, especially on those busy weeknights. If you have leftovers they can easily be refrigerated.
Tip: To refrigerate leftovers, you can simply place a piece of foil or plastic wrap on top of the casserole dish. I would only go so far as to say this would be good for about 2 days after it is cooked.
Because this recipe is so simple you don’t need many ingredients. You probably already have the majority of the ingredients sitting in your pantry or refrigerator.
Squash Casserole Ingredients
1) 3 Butternut squash
2) 3 Tbsp. softened butter-I used unsalted
3) 3/4 Cup of Milk (I used way too much, but this is the correct amount) I also used whole milk, but 2% would also work.
4) 2 large eggs
5) 1 cup of sharp shredded cheese-you can also use mild cheddar if you prefer.
6) Salt and pepper to taste.
*Preheat your oven to 350.
*Slice your squash into slices or bite-size pieces.
*Place the squash in a pot and add water until the squash is covered.
*Bring to a boil for approximately 5-10 minutes until squash is slightly tender.
*While the squash is boiling, combine the milk, eggs and butter in a bowl.
* When your squash is done, drain it and add it to a 8×8 baking dish.
* Pour the milk, egg and butter mixture on top of the squash.
* Top the dish with the cheese and bake for 30 minutes.
Simple Squash Casserole
- 3 Butternut Squash
- 3 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 Cup Milk 2% or Whole
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Sharp or Mild Shredded Cheese
- 1 Pinch Salt & Pepper
- Preheat Oven to 350.
- Cut squash into bite size pieces.
- Place the squash in a pot and add water until the squash is covered.
- Bring to a boil for approximately 5-10 minutes until squash is slightly tender.
- While the squash is boiling, combine the milk, eggs and butter in a bowl.
- When your squash is done, drain it and add it to a 8×8 baking dish.
- Pour the milk, egg and butter mixture on top of the squash.
- Top the dish with the cheese and bake for 30 minutes.
I’d love to see your pictures or hear how you liked this simple squash casserole recipe. Thanks for stopping by!