Over the weekend we watched another football game and I made these delicious hot ham and cheese rolls. They are pretty simple to make and they taste phenomenal. I don’t know if it’s the cheese, butter or both! Add in some poppy seeds and Worcestershire sauce, and you know it’s going to be a good recipe.
We made this recipe using King’s Hawaiian rolls, but you can use any type of small roll. I do suggest the Hawaiian rolls, as they really give these hot ham and cheese rolls so much flavor! I say we, because the hubby got into making this recipe. He ate most of the finished product, too!:)
Hot ham and cheese rolls can be a meal all on their own. They also make a great little appetizer. As you can see from my photos, I did make a double dose of this recipe because I had a crowd to feed. It can easily be divided in half, but I’m going to give you the recipe exactly as I made it.
Ingredients for Hot Ham and Cheese Rolls:
- 24 King’s Hawaiian rolls or small rolls of your choice
- 1 1/2 pounds of deli ham
- 12 slices of Swiss cheese
- 1 Tbsp of poppy seeds
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1stick of unsalted melted butter
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
How to Make this Delicious Recipe:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut all of the rolls in half and place the bottoms in a glass baking dish.
- Place 1 or 2 slices of ham and half a slice of Swiss cheese on the bottom of each roll.(you can see how I placed the ham and cheese on the rolls above) How much ham you use will depend on how thickly sliced it is.
- Place the tops back on the rolls.
- Prepare your sauce for the top of the rolls by melting the stick of butter and combining it with the poppy seeds, Worcestershire sauce and onion powder.
- Gently brush or spoon the mixture over the top of the rolls.
- Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and rolls are slightly browned.
Tips for Storage:
**I stored the few of these that were leftover in the refrigerator and we ate them the next day. I think they would be okay left in the refrigerator and reheated for about 2 days.
Hot Ham and Cheese Rolls
- Baking Dishes
- 24 Rolls
- 1.5 lbs. Deli Ham
- 12 Slices Swiss Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Poppy Seeds
- 1 Stick Unsalted Melted Butter
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Onion Powder
- Preheat oven to 350
- Slice the rolls and place the bottoms in a baking dish. You will need 2 baking dishes for this recipe unless you half it.
- Place a slice or two of ham and 1/2 slice of Swiss cheese on each roll. Place the tops back on the rolls.
- Prepare you sauce by melting the butter and combining it with the Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder and poppy seed.
- Brush or spoon the sauce on top of the rolls.
- Place the baking dishes in the oven and cook for about 20 minutes or until the rolls are browned and the cheese is melted.
Whoa! That’s a lot of hot ham and cheese rolls, but I assure you they will be a fan fave. Hope you enjoy!
**Check out more appetizer recipes over here!